"Personal Data" means any data which could directly or indirectly identify you.
Please read this Policy carefully. You may visit our website or use the services of the website only if you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree to any part of this Policy, please do not continue to visit our website or use the services of the website. We reserve the right to modify or change this Policy from time to time.
Data Processing Agreement
Where customer information includes personal information and where you are considered a “Data Controller” and WhaleTeq is a “Data Processor” as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as applicable, shall apply to the processing of such personal information and are incorporated by reference into the Terms.
Personal Data We Collect
When you visit our website or use the services of the website or when you purchase goods or services from us, the Personal Data we collect includes:
- your name
- your address, email address and/or phone number
- your trade terms, including recipient, delivery address and product contract
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website
- any other information you provide
Purposes Of the Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data we collect will be processed or used for the following purposes:
- to establish and fulfill a contract with you
- to respond to any inquiries, requirements or complaints we may receive from you
- to send you marketing services in relation to products and services
- to send you important notifications in relation to your rights and interests
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations
- any other purpose that you have agreed to
Our Access to Your Personal Data
Where permitted by law, we will only access, view, or listen to your Personal Data in limited ways. For example, in order to perform the Services, we may need to access, view, or listen to your Personal Data to (A) respond to Feedback or support requests; (B) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, legal, or technical issues; and (C) enforce the Terms. Our automated systems may analyze your Content using techniques such as machine learning in order to improve our Services and Software and the user experience.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to any third party unless in any of the following circumstances:
- Your Consent: We disclose your Personal Data to other third parties with your express consent.
- Our Affiliated Services: We may disclose your Personal Data to provide you with relevant products or customized services.
- Professional Consultants: For risk assessment, we may disclose your Personal Data to our professional consultants, such as auditors and external marketing, legal and financial advisors.
- For Legal Purposes: We may disclose your Personal Data to competent governmental or judicial authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
Retention Of Your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless in any of the following circumstances:
- For customer relationship management, we will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period of time for future transactions.
- In order to comply with tax laws or other laws, we will retain your Personal Data at specific times as required by applicable laws.
- We will retain your Personal Data to follow requests from governments or judiciary for purposes such as investigation or lawsuit.
Protection of Your Personal Data
WhaleTeq's website hosts are equipped with firewalls, anti-virus systems and other related information security equipment and necessary safety protection measures to protect the website and your personal data. Only authorized personnel can access your personal data, and all relevant personnel have signed a confidentiality contract, and those who violate the confidentiality obligation will accept relevant legal sanctions.
Storage Of Your Personal Data
The Personal Data we collect from you will be stored on our servers or hosted servers. We will adopt appropriate information security technology to protect the database system of the server from being hacked and to prevent your Personal Data from being stolen, altered, leaked or damaged. We will notify you within 72 hours once we discover that your Personal Data has been leaked.
You agree that the Personal Data we collect from you can be transmitted, stored, processed and utilized among us, any of our affiliated companies and service providers who may be located in different countries. For the above-mentioned cross-border transmission, storage, processing and utilization, we will comply with this Policy and applicable laws on privacy protection and personal data security.
- We will inform you in a clear and transparent manner about how we collect, process and use your Personal Data, and obtain your consent.
- If you have agreed that we can collect, process and use your Personal Data, you may withdraw the consent at any time in writing.
- In some cases, you have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data, for example, we use your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- You may check if we have collected, processed and used your Personal Data.
- If the Personal Data we hold is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to correct or supplement it.
- You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data that we hold.
- You may ask us to provide a copy of your Personal Data that we hold.
Changes To This Policy
We will revise this Policy from time to time, so we recommend you review this Policy posted on our websites periodically. If you continue to use any of the services provided on this website after this Policy has been updated, we will consider that you consent to the updated Policy. The most current version of this Policy will always be available on this page; a prominent notice such as email notification will be delivered to you about any significant changes. You can always check the “updated time” at the bottom for the most current version of this Policy.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about this Policy, or if you think we have not complied with this Policy, you are welcome to contact us at any time. If you consider we may not appropriately deal with any issues related to your Personal Data collected by WhaleTeq, please be noted that it is your right to lodge a complaint with government authorities handling personal data protection in your country.
- Personal Data Protection Team of WhaleTeq Technology Co., Ltd.
- Address: 8F., No. 125, Songjiang Rd., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 104474, Taiwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +886-2-2517-6255
--------------------------------------------------------Updated Time: 2023.1.18--------------------------------------------------