Oximeter Device Testing
There are two operational principles for the oximeter: transmittance and reflectance, and the former mostly applies to finger clip oximeters while the latter is commonly used in wearable devices. WhaleTeq provides performance test modules PPG-2TF-660 and PPG-2R-880/940 for the two types respectively. Working with the AECG100 main console, the performance test modules can simulate signals such as heart rate, PPG, PWTT, and SpO2 to assist customers in verification and validation to improve product reliability and quality.
WhaleTeq collects the testing needs and pain points of oximeter developers during development, and designs the first SpO2 product performance test system, especially for engineers, to provide the testing functions required for the development of oximeters:
1. Arbitrarily adjustable parameters in a wide range and precise values.
2. Raw data playback to test consistency.
3. Provides SDK supporting multiplatform for engineers to flexibly develop testing programs.
Transmittance SpO2 Module Operational Principle
Reflectance SpO2 Module Operational Principle
*The number of illustrated LEDs on the DUT and PPG-2TF-660 is for reference only. The illustration aims to indicate optical heart rate signals or SpO2 simulation.
Test System Operational Principle
|Adjustable SpO2 parameters (AC, DC, and PI values)||O||O|
|Adjustable PPG waveform parameters (R/IR amplitude, time, and heart rate)||O||O|
|Individually adjusts the R/IR’s rate of change of respiratory signals in PPG||O||O|
|Loads/plays raw data (raw data playback)||O||O|
|Customizes/loads SpO2 table1||O||O|
|Auto Sequence function3||O||O|
|On the Auto Test SpO2 tab, the system automatically detects the Trigger Level and the DC value of R/IR of the DUT4||O|
|Built-in 6 transmission rates5||O|
|Add-on ambient light function6||O|
1. It assists in building the R curve of DUT to test the consistency of quality on oximeters. Please refer to section 4.6 ‘‘SpO2 Mode’’ in the user manual for more information.
2. For DUTs with the Pulse Wave Transit Time (PWTT) function to measure blood pressure or the degree of arteriosclerosis. The PWTT parameters can be arbitrarily adjusted for testing. Please refer to section 4.4 ‘‘PWTT Mode’’ in the user manual for more information.
3. Users can sort the parameters of different test items into a designated order for automated testing. Please refer to section 4.7 ‘‘Auto Sequence Mode’’ in the user manual for more information.
4. It assists in rapidly building the R curve of DUT. Please refer to section 4.5 ‘‘Auto Test SpO2 Mode’’ in the user manual for more information.
5. Simulates transmission rates of 5 finger types and neonatal foot.
6. Simulates 14 types of indoor and outdoor ambient light signals.